Sunday 16 December 2012

Budapest - the last hours




Being this the last day in the hungarian capital, I stood aware that this should be remembered no as something remarkable but an opportunity to see new corners of Buda of to re-visit places to me not yet seen quite right... or even unrealised wishes light that was keept but in the mind.
Heading to the same place has I fist went to Natalia's uni but this time leaving at the tram station over the river, from there I hence walked to Buda side, to see what wonders this place could keep safe for me.









Having had some less trouble minded event around, I was cautious not to provoque the same kind of attitudes towards me, even though I felt that this time things would work differently - which they did, happily.






As light was walking down the sky, I remembered of a very nice hill that could be of a very good spot to concretise the bus ride view. And thus, from the tram station, I walked, going under the bridge, towards the rail station, to there walk up some roads and get lost, once more.








The road went up, and up it went. People, walk-passing me looked oddly, as if to reject my existence there, as I was heading up and up more. Some houses looked beautifully abandoned, with looks of very potential making projects for occupations or social developments, but yet that was not the reason to why I was there; thus I went up a little more. 









Then, at some point, after turning left and right again, a flight of stairs appeared to me-self and after those, the road gave room to trees and an icy, muddy treek that I imagined to lead to the vey top of the hill. Yet, as the top revealed to myself and the openness of the space, trees were stopping me from achieving this wish of mine from a few days ago. So, after a bit of walking, I quit and went down.

However, going down made me thing of climbing up a pine tree that look strong enough to handle my height.  I did tried, a few times, but branches kept cracking and I decided not to take the risk of falling down from it and break my bones, thus making me wonder if this would be the end of it...

Still, as I was doing the back direction, I saw Budapest again, only to see that the view I was looking for was the opposite direction from where I had came! And in the very next moment, I saw a path going along the line of the river! So, without hesitating a bit, with the sunny warm lights turning down, trying to get covered by some stormy winter cold clouds I ran, as fast and slow as I could to avoid not slipping on the ice and then... a wall showed to me. I got closer from it only to see it was fenced. With some gloves on, I tried to climb it but the view wasn't still the one I wanted; still to many trees. Went down and ran along it, only to see road again. This road was of a car park, and bellow it, as the hill was going down (not the car park) I saw an open spot. The will was a bit step and with my bag on my back, cold in my hands, and a fading sun, I went down. Grabbing the branches I did one step down; a second one and... a jump. Put my arms around a tree and, like in a illumination, walked, believing that this was going to be the right place to be and do it. Putting the branches away and as I went down the last one stopping me from getting there, a light shone on... it was light magic.






Magic that felt different from the bus journey, for sure, but still worth all the trouble, if you want to call it, to be there, and get there. As a result, I had a photograph and a big smile on my face! ^^

I then went down the hill but to get to the same rail station were I was confronted by the bourrée man. But this time, no drunk man was around, apart from the same man, near the stairs heading to the station, selling chestnuts wrapped in newspaper.

From there, I head to the center, only to be confronted by the freezing wind that was accompanying the misty clouds. A warm minus four degrees was making my nose turn red, and my hands felt like freezing, even though we have had worst temperatures felling way warmer than the one I was feeling. Not bearing the cold, I head back home, at the break-of-day to chill out and enjoy the last couple of hours in Budapest with the people that had host me, pack everything nice and calmly and get ready for a very long journey back.






Still, there I was, with cold hands, but content in my whole self. If you ask me was it worth it... damn worth it was! Everything is worth the shot, even if to say in the end... well, I'm not gonna go there again. And Budapest is a place I am definitely going back to again!!


And for now, we stay here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment